Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Ski Trips and Growing Faith

This past weekend Derek headed up to Ohio on a ski trip with about 23 students and staff from UWG. Needless to say... Aidan and I didn't accompany him on the long road trip. :-) While I spent the weekend with the fam in Headland, Derek took a 1970-something 12 passenger van all the way to Ohio and back. It was a great time of building relationships with the guys he's been investing in. He did decide that skiing is definitely NOT going to be his new hobby! But after many falls and a bloody hand, my perseverent husband did graduate from "ski school" and mastered the bunny slopes! Not bad for an Alabama boy!!
The past couple of weeks has certainly been a time of the Lord stretching our faith in big ways. Our ministry support has suffered as supporters have been unable to give, and we are also trusting the Lord to bring in more support for our increased financial needs with Aidan's arrival in May. With all of this, the Lord is really drawing to my attention how small my faith is! I am seeing more and more how dependent we are on the Lord's daily mercy for our every need. This is true every day of my life, but He is using this time to draw our attention to this truth and to be so very thankful for His constant provision and care for us. We certainly have been blessed more than we could ever have asked or imagined! As the world and our own flesh seek to lure our hearts towards every comfort and trinket this world has to offer, I hope and pray that our hearts will find satisfaction in God alone and be thankful!
I hope you all have a Happy Valentine's Day and a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Heather B said...

Hey guys! Glad to see you have a blog! Looking forward to lots of good updates and PICS OF AIDAN! wo-hoo! I hope your little girl is as sweet as ours, but that's practically impossible. However, our God IS in the business of miracles so . . . ;-)

Claire and Jason Bintz said...

Hey Kim! I hope your shower went well. I sure hate to miss out on all of those fun things. I will pray for your support raising as I know you are. This is a big way the Lord continues to reassure us of HIS provision! Love you.